Simply submit your CV online and one of our highly experienced consultants will assess your qualifications and experience. If we can assist you, then we will give you a call or drop you an email to discuss your history in more detail. We will also ask for your reference details as this helps speed up the registration process and ensures that we can secure you work as quickly as possible.
The next step will be to invite you to one of our offices to meet your dedicated consultant. They will discuss:
- Your CV (please see our ‘CV writing tips’ section)
- Passport and driving license (both your photocard and paper counterpart)
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Undergraduate degree certification where required
- Any additional relevant certification (training etc.)
- Provide Rail Sentinel Reference Number so we can verify eligibility for work
- Contact details for 2 referees (email addresses as well if available)
- Your National Insurance number
- Your birth certificate
- Proof of change of name (if applicable, e.g. if you have married)
- Bank details
- Details of your most recent Tetanus and Hepatitis inoculations
- Proof of address (one piece within the last 3 months)
- Drug and alcohol tests where required
- For certain roles your current CRB disclosure (if you have one) or your cheque-book or debit card if you need to apply for one (this has a cost)
You do not need to bring passport photos of yourself, however come prepared to have your picture taken, as we will do this at your interview.
Your interview with Proactive Rail will last up to an hour. We will go through your experience and career aspirations, as well as all the paperwork. The checking process will usually take a few days and as little as 24 hours if we have your references, and all the right documents. Unfortunately however, we are unable to give you any assignments until all the checks and references have come back clear.